HP LaserJet Pro M402n C5F93A#ABA
Boost productivity without spending a lot
Our Price: $279.00
Printing performance and robust security built for how you work. This capable printer finishes jobs faster and delivers comprehensive security to guard against threats.1 Original HP Toner cartridges with JetIntelligence give you more pages.2
Print speed:Letter: Up to 40 ppm black; First Page Out: As fast as 5.6 sec black
Print Resolution:Black (best) 600 x 600 dpi, Up to 4800 x 600 enhanced dpi; Black (fine lines): Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi
Print Technology Resolution:HP FastRes 1200, HP ProRes 1200, 600 dpi
Standard Connectivity:1 Hi-Speed USB 2.0; 1 Host USB; 1 Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000T network Standard Memory:128 MB
Mobile Printing Capability:HP ePrint,Apple AirPrint™, Morpria-certified, Google Cloud Print, Mobile Apps
Paper Handling:100-sheet multipurpose input Tray 1, 250-sheet input Tray 2; 150-sheet output bin, Optional 550-sheet input Tray 3
Display:2-line LCD (text and graphics)
Fast printing. Strong protection.
- Grab pages and go—without waiting around. This printer wakes up and prints faster than the competition.1
- Keep printing safe from boot up to shutdown with security features that guard against complex threats.
More. Pages, Performance, and Protection
- Get the most prints for your money—with Original HP High Yield Black Toner cartridges with JetIntelligence.2
- Count on consistent results at high speeds with precision black toner.
- Help ensure you’re getting the authentic HP quality you paid for with innovative anti-fraud technology.
- Print right away with preinstalled toner cartridges. Replace them with optional high-yield cartridges.
Save energy and easily manage tasks
- Help save energy with HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology.3
- Print using less energy than competitors—enhanced by Original HP Toner cartridges with JetIntelligence.4
- Make the most of your office space, with a printer that conveniently fits right into your work style.
- Easily manage devices and settings using HP Web Jetadmin with a suite of essential management features.5
Stay connected with easy mobile printing options
- Easily print from a variety of smartphones and tablets—generally no setup or apps required.6
- Easily set up, print, and share with built-in Ethernet networking.
1 Based on HP internal testing of top three leading competitors’ first page out from sleep mode and duplex print speed completed 8/2015. Subject to device settings. Actual results may vary. For details see hp.com/go/Ljclaims
2 Based on cartridge yields for HP 80X compared with HP 26X Original HP LaserJet Toner Cartridges. For more information, see hp.com/go/learnaboutsupplies
3 HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology capabilities subject to printer and settings; May require a firmware upgrade.
4 Based on HP testing using the ENERGY STAR® program’s Typical Electricity Consumption (TEC) method or as reported in energystar.gov of top three leading competitors as of 8/2015. Actual results may vary. For details see hp.com/go/Ljclaims
5 HP Web Jetadmin is free and available for download at hp.com/go/webjetadmin
6 Wireless operations are compatible with 2.4 GHz operations only. App or software and HP ePrint account registration may also be required. Some features require purchase of an optional accessory. Learn more at hp.com/go/mobileprinting
|First page out (ready) black||As fast as 5.6 sec|
|Resolution (black)||HP FastRes 1200|
|Resolution technology||HP FastRes 1200, HP ProRes 1200, 600 dpi|
|Monthly duty cycle||Up to 80,000 pages |
|Recommended monthly page volume||750 to 4000 |
|Display||2-line backlit LCD graphic display|
|Processor speed||1200 MHz|
|Number of print cartridges||1 (black)|
|Replacement cartridges||HP 26A Black LaserJet Toner Cartridge (~3100 pages), CF226A; HP 26X Black LaserJet Toner Cartridge (~9000 pages), CF226X |
|Print languages||HP PCL 5, HP PCL 6, HP postscript level 3 emulation, direct PDF (v 1.7) printing, URF, PCLM, PWG|
|Automatic paper sensor||No|
|Paper trays, standard||2|
|Paper trays, maximum||3|
|Mobile Printing Capability||HP ePrint; Apple AirPrint™; Mopria™-certified; Google Cloud Print 2.0; Mobile Apps|
|Connectivity, standard||1 Hi-Speed USB 2.0; 1 Host USB; 1 Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000T network|
|Network ready||Standard (built-in Gigabit Ethernet)|
|Ports||1 Hi-Speed USB 2.0; 1 Host USB; 1 Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000T network|
|Security management||Embedded Web Server: password-protection, secure browsing via SSL/TLS; Network: enable/disable network ports and features, SNMPv1 & SNMPv2 community password change; HP ePrint: HTTPS with certificate validation, HTTP Basic Access Authentication, SASL authentication; Firewall and ACL; SNMPv3, 802.1X, Secure Boot|
|Minimum system requirements||OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion; OS X 10.9 Mavericks; OS X 10.10 Yosemite; Internet; USB; 1 GB available hard disk space; OS compatible hardware (For OS hardware requirements see http://www.apple.com)Windows 10 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 8.1 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 8 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit): 1 GHz processor, 1 GB RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit), 400 MB available hard disk space, CD/DVD-ROM or Internet, USB or Network port; Windows Vista (32-bit): 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) processor, 1 GB RAM (32-bit), 400 MB available hard disk space, CD/DVD-ROM or Internet, USB or Network port; Windows XP (32-bit) SP2: Pentium 233 MHz processor, 512 MB RAM 400 MB available hard disk space, CD/DVD-ROM or Internet, USB or Network port; Windows Server 2003 (32-bit) (SP1 or greater), Windows Server 2003 R2 (32-bit), Windows Server 2008 (32-bit) (SP1 or greater): 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) processor, 1 GB RAM (32-bit), 400 MB available hard disk space, CD/DVD-ROM or Internet, USB or Network port; Windows Server 2008 (64-bit) (SP1 or greater), Windows Server 2008 R2 (64-bit), Windows Server 2008 R2 (64-bit) (SP1): 1 GHz 64-bit (x64) processor, 2 GB RAM (64-bit), 400 MB available hard disk space, CD/DVD-ROM or Internet, USB or Network port|
|Compatible operating systems||Windows OS compatible with In-Box Driver: Windows XP SP3 all 32-bit editions (XP Home, XP Pro, etc), Windows Vista all 32-bit editions (Home Basic, Premium, Professional, etc.), Windows 7 all 32 & 64-bit editions, Windows 8/8.1 all 32 & 64-bit editions (excluding RT OS for Tablets), Windows 10 all 32 & 64-bit editions (excluding RT OS for Tablets); Windows OS compatible with Universal Print Driver (From HP.com): Windows XP SP3 32 & 64-bit editions (XP Home, XP Pro, etc.), Windows Vista all 32 & 64-bit editions (Home Basic, Premium, Professional, etc), Windows 7 all 32 & 64-bit editions, Windows 8/8.1 all 32 & 64-bit editions (excluding RT OS for Tablets), Windows 10 all 32 & 64-bit editions (excluding RT OS for Tablets); Mac OS (HP Print Drivers available from HP.com and Apple Store): OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, OS X 10.9 Mavericks, OS X 10.10 Yosemite; Mobile OS (In-OS drivers): iOS, Android, Windows 8/8.1/10 RT; Linux OS (In-OS HPLIP); Auto install: BOSS (3.0, 5.0), DEBIAN (6.0, 6.0.1, 6.0.2, 6.0.3, 6.0.4, 6.0.5, 6.0.6, 6.0.7, 6.0.8, 6.0.9, 6.0.10, 7.0, 7.1, 7.2, 7.3, 7.4, 7.5, 7.6), FEDORA (17, 18, 19, 20), LINUX MINT (13, 14, 15, 16, 17), SUSE LINUX (12.2, 12.3, 13.1), UBUNTU (10.04, 11.10, 12.04,12.10, 13.04, 13.10, 14.04, 14.10); Manual install: MANDRIVA LINUX (2010.0, 2011.0), MEPIS (6.0, 6.5, 7.0, 8.0), PCLINUXOS (2006.0, 2006, 2007.0, 2007, 2008.0, 2008, 2009.0, 2009), RED HAT (8.0, 9.0), RED HAT ENTERPRISE LINUX (5.0, 6.0, 7.0), SLACKWARE LINUX (9.0, 9.1, 10.0, 10.1, 10.2, 11, 12, 12.1), GOS (8.04.1), IGOS (1.0), LINPUS LINUX(9.4, 9.5), LINUX FROM SCRATCH (6); Other OS: UNIX |
|Memory, standard||128MB DRAM|
|Memory, maximum||128MB DRAM|
|Printer management||Printer Administrator Resource Kit (Driver Configuration Utility, Driver Deployment Utility, Managed Printing Administrator); HP Web JetAdmin Software; HP Proxy Agent Software; HP Imaging and Printing Security Center; HP Utility (Mac); HP Device Toolbox|
|Supported network protocols||TCP/IP, IPv4, IPv6; Print: TCP-IP port 9100 Direct Mode, LPD (raw queue support only), Web Services Printing, HP ePrint, Apple AirPrint™, Google Cloud Print 2.0, Mopria, FTP Print, IPP Print; Discovery: SLP, Bonjour, Web Services Discovery; IP Config: IPv4 (BootP, DHCP, AutoIP, Manual), IPv6 (Stateless Link-Local and via Router, Statefull via DHCPv6), SSL Security and Certificate management; management: SNMPv1, SNMPv2, SNMPv3, HTTP/HTTPS, Syslog, FTP FW Download|
|Paper handling input, standard||100-sheet multipurpose Tray 1, 250-sheet input Tray 2|
|Paper handling output, standard||150-sheet output bin|
|Duplex printing||Manual(driver support provided)|
|Finished output handling||Sheetfed|
|Media sizes supported||Tray 1: A4, A5, A6, B5 (JIS), Oficio, Oficio (216 x 340 mm), 16K (195 x 270 mm), 16K (184 x 260 mm), 16K (197 x 273 mm), Japanese Postcard, Double Japan Postcard Rotated, Envelope B5, Envelope C5, Envelope DL, Custom Size, A5-R, B6 (JIS); Tray 2 & Tray 3: A4, A5, A6, B5 (JIS), Oficio, Oficio (216 x 340 mm), 16K (195 x 270 mm), 16K (184 x 260 mm), 16K (197 x 273 mm), Custom Size, A5-R, B6 (JIS)|
|Media sizes, custom||Tray 1: 3 x 5 to 8.5 x 14 in; Tray 2 and 3: 4.13 x 5.85 to 8.5 x 14 in|
|Media types||Paper (plain, EcoFFICIENT, light, heavy, bond, colored, letterhead, preprinted, prepunched, recycled, rough); envelopes; labels; transparencies|
|Supported media weight||Tray 1: 16 to 46.6 lb; Tray 2 and Optional 550-sheet Tray 3: 16 to 32 lb|
|Media weights by paper path||Tray 1: 60 to 175 g/m²; Tray 2, Optional 550-sheet Tray 3: 60 to 120 g/m²|
|Power||110-volt input voltage: 110 to 127 VAC (+/- 10%), 50/60 Hz (+/- 2 Hz); 220-volt input voltage: 220 to 240 VAC (+/- 10%), 50/60 Hz (+/- 2 Hz) (Not dual voltage, power supply varies by part number with #option code identifier)|
|Print speed, black (normal)||Up to 40 ppm|
|Power consumption||591 watts (Active Printing), 6.1 watts (Ready), 2.8 watts (Sleep), 0.6 watts (Auto-On/Auto-Off, via USB connectivity), 0.1 watts (Shutdown or Off) |
|Operating temperature range||59 to 90.5°F|
|Operating humidity range||30 to 70% RH|
|Dimensions (W X D X H)||15 x 14.06 x 8.5 in|
|Dimensions Maximum (W X D X H)||15 x 25 x 9.5 in|
|Package weight||24.9 lb|
|What's in the box||HP LaserJet Pro M402n; Preinstalled Introductory HP 26A Black LaserJet Toner Cartridge (~1500 pages); Getting Started Guide; Setup Poster; Support Flyer; Warranty Guide; Printer documentation and software on CD-ROM; Power cord|
|Cable included||No, please purchase USB cable.|
|Warranty||One-year warranty, return to HP Authorized Service Provider|
|Software included||For Windows 7: HP Software Installer/Uninstaller, HP PCL 6 Printer Driver, HP Device Experience (DXP), HP Update, HP Device Toolbox, HP Printer Status and Alerts, HP Product Improvement Study, Reconfigure your HP Device; Warranty and Legal Guide, User Guide; For Windows 8+: HP Software Installer/Uninstaller, HP PCL-6 Printer Driver, HP Device Experience (DXP), Warranty and Legal Guide, User Guide, Reconfigure your HP Device; For Windows XP, Windows Vista and associated servers: HP Software Installer/Uninstaller, HP PCL.6 Printer Driver, Warranty and Legal Guide, User Guide; For Mac OS: Welcome Screen (Directs users to http://www.HP.com or OS App Source for LaserJet Software)|
-  Declared yield value in accordance with ISO/IEC 19752. Actual yields vary considerably based on images printed and other factors. For more information, visit http://www.hp.com/go/learnaboutsupplies
-  Without optional 550-sheet tray; Dimensions with optional 550-sheet tray: 15 x 14.06 x 13.58 in ( 381 x 357 x 345 mm)
-  Job Storage feature requires a purchase of separate USB flash drive with a minimum of 16 GB capacity.
-  Measured using ISO/IEC 24734, excludes first set of test documents. For more information see http://www.hp.com/go/printerclaims. Exact speed varies depending on the system configuration, software application, driver, and document complexity.
-  Measured using ISO/IEC 17629, excludes first set of test documents. For more information see http://www.hp.com/go/printerclaims. Exact speed varies depending on the system configuration, software application, driver, and document complexity.
-  Duty cycle is defined as the maximum number of pages per month of imaged output. This value provides a comparison of product robustness in relation to other HP LaserJet or HP Color LaserJet devices, and enables appropriate deployment of printers and MFPs to satisfy the demands of connected individuals or groups.
-  HP recommends that the number of printed pages per month be within the stated range for optimum device performance, based on factors including supplies replacement intervals and device life over an extended warranty period.
-  HP SureSupply alerts you when your print cartridge is running low and helps you purchase online or locally through HP or a participating retailer. For more information, visit http://www.hp.com/go/SureSupply; only available with Original HP supplies; Internet access required.
-  Not all "Compatible Operating Systems" are supported with inbox software; Full solution software available only for Windows 7 and newer; Legacy Windows Operating Systems (XP, Vista, and equivalent servers) get print drivers only; Windows RT OS for Tablets (32-bit & 64-bit) uses a simplified HP print driver built into the RT OS; UNIX Modelscripts are available on HP.com ( Modelscripts are printer drivers for UNIX operating systems); Linux systems use in-OS HPLIP software; HP Software for Mac is no longer included on the CD, but can be downloaded from http://www.hp.com - the Mac driver and Mac Utility are installed for Mac operating systems.
-  With 26A cartridge
-  Measured using ISO/IEC 24734 Feature Performance Test, excludes first set of test documents. For more information see http://www.hp.com/go/printerclaims. Exact speed varies depending on the system configuration, software application, driver, and document complexity.
-  Power requirements are based on the country/region where the printer is sold. Do not convert operating voltages. This will damage the printer and void the product warranty.
-  Typical Electricity Consumption (TEC) rating represents the typical electricity consumed by a product during 1 week, measured in kilowatt-hours (kWh).
-  Best Typical Electricity Consumption (TEC) rating represents the typical electricity consumed by a product during 1 week, measured in kilowatt-hours (kWh). For Best TEC, the product configuration is set with Wi-Fi disabled and with 1 minute sleep delay.
-  Acoustic values are subject to change. For current information see http://www.hp.com/support. Configuration tested: base model, simplex printing, A4 paper at an average of 38 ppm.
-  Declared yield value in accordance with ISO/IEC 19752. Actual yields vary considerably based on images printed and other factors. For more information, visit http://www.hp.com/go/learnaboutsupplies; HP LaserJet M402n in-box cartridge may have higher yield than stated for printer units manufactured before 2017.
Download the H PLaserJet Pro M402n Datasheet (.PDF)
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.
Our Price: $279.00